This course has been granted prior approval by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) for 3 administrative/general CEUs. Granting approval in no way constitutes endorsement by the AAMA of the course content or the course provider.
Brian Dickens – MBA, PHD, NATIONALLY REGISTERED CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT (NRCMA)
Medical Program Director
Dr. Brian Dickens is a Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) and subject matter expert in the medical assisting and allied health fields.
Address correspondence to:
ANNALS of CE
PO Box 5005
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
Disclosure statement: Dr. Brian Dickens reports having no financial or advisory relationship with any corporate, medical, or political organization doing work related to this educational activity or other business activity.
This “Effective Communication for the Medical Assistant” training course is an overview of the functions that are generally performed by medical assistants who have previously completed the respective training course. This course is intended to keep medical assistants aware of the importance of related duties often performed in a front-office and back-office/clinic setting. It is developed for front-line supervisors, workers, and trainees.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to establish rapport and build trust with patients
- Learn to convey medical information in a clear, jargon-free manner understandable to patients
- Develop skills to verify patient understanding by encouraging questions and feedback
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of different healthcare professionals within the team
- Learn effective communication strategies for collaborating with physicians, nurses, and other team members
- 1. Introduction
- 2. Barriers to Effective Communication
- 3. Strategies to Enhance Communication
- 4. Benefits of Effective Communication
- 5. Types of Communication for Medical Assistants
- 6. Professional and Business Communication for Medical Assistants
- 7. Teaching Effective Communication Skills to Medical Assistants
- 8. Consequences of Poor Communication
- 9. References
- 10. CE Test